- Scholastic Chess Tournament: All levels (beginner, intermediate, advanced). Ages 15 and under.
- When: Sun, March 11, 2018. 10:00am – 3:00*pm
- Where: New England Movement Arts, 123 Muller Rd, Burlington, MA 01803
- Register online: $25 Preregistration; $30 at the door
*End time approximate.
- Time control: 4SS G/30 d5
- Rounds time: 10:00am, 11:15am, 12:45pm, 1:55pm or asap
- Byes: Maximum of two half point byes allowed. Last round bye must be declared before round
- Prize info: Trophies for 1st and 2nd in each section; medals for 3rd place. Free 1
hour lesson given by 2017 Mass. State Chess Champion, Lawyer Times, for all three winners.
- Entry fee: $25 Preregistration; $30 at the door; $5 more for pizza for kids and parents
- Registration onsite: 9:00 – 9:40 AM
For more information, contact Lawyer Times 617-596-5856.
- u 500 – Beginner section
- u 1000 – Intermediate section
- u 2000 – Advanced section
- Ages 15 and under
TOURNAMENT RULES AND OTHER INFORMATION
All sections USCF Rated. USCF membership is required. Please pay USCF fees by clicking on link here:
A brief lecture will be given by Master Lawyer Times, the 2017 Massachusetts State Champion. Time
of lecture is 9:30 – 9:45 AM. Please attempt to be there as this will give your child tips for tournament
play, orient especially new tournament players, and also give those with experience needed advice.
Also see futurechessmasters.com for more information.